Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy February 14th



To all of you out there who hate Valentine's Day because it's a painful reminder of how utterly undesirable you are to members of the opposite sex, don't worry. You're not alone. There are many undesirable people just like you, and maybe you can find each other, sitting alone at Barnes and Noble, or working out at the local Y, to commiserate.


Personally, I don't think you need one particular day for this. I mean, you're alone on other days too, like yesterday, and tomorrow, and probably next week, hell who are we kidding, let's just say you'll probably be feeling this way next year too. So just get over it already. No one is sending you flowers, no matter what day it is.

So what it comes down to is that I think you should be miserable all the time. Not just today. Because really, the woman down the hall who just received a dozen red roses and a few heart shaped balloons, who is going home to a brand new white Mercedes in the garage tied up with a giant red bow from her adoring husband, gets to go home to him all the time. And he probably treats her well everyday of the year, not just on Valentine's Day.

And you're still alone. And miserable about it.

The point I'm trying to make is, that if Valentine's Day really bums you out, like really, then you should be bummed all the time. Maybe you should see if you can squeeze through the window, to jump. You can just end it all.

But if Valentine's Day doesn't make you try to slit your wrists with a butter knife, and you see it for what it is, a way for Hallmark to make money, or a day to show those you love that you love them, then I wish you a Happy Valentine's Day.

If anyone is looking for me today, I'll be alone at Star-sucks with my computer, doing some "work" and some "writing."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is the brand new Mercedes required?

Anonymous said...

To run fuckers like you over!

ab said...

hope you had a lovely v-day :)

Anonymous said...

you can do that with a dodge too.

Jack Burden said...

You know, I'm with you for the most part, but don't forget that most people are showing the world a charade because they're too much of a coward to admit to themselves, much less others, that they're unhappy, that their marriage/relationship sucks, etc. I've lost count of the times where I've harbored a burning jealousy about the relationship of a happy couple I know, saying, "Why can't I be like them," only to later learn that they're cheating on each other, or that they're only staying together because they just bought a condo together and don't know how to financially extract themseles...

The Buddha said that life is an illusion, and he's right. Don't believe everything you see.

That being said, to all those people out there in genuinely happy, fulfilling relationships, I hope you all get syphilis.

Anonymous said...

I don't do Holidays, gave them up 20 years ago. You just set yourself up for disappointment.

I celebrate Tuesdays or 3am just any damm time I like. It works better for me, you might give it a try.

SUEB0B said...

I think women should reserve Valentine's Day for themselves and leave the guys out of it. I mean, guys are usually so pathetic at it...it has nothing to do with how much they love their wimmins, just that it isn't their kind of thing...where it IS wimmins kind of thing.

So we should all spend the day shopping for our girl friends, buying cute cards and flowers and whatever and let the poor guys be. Everyone would be happier, I swear.

Anonymous said...

C'mom already ... I NEED MORE !!!
where are you ?