Thursday, May 10, 2007

The "Cradle of Civilization" has some 'splaining to do

So I’m looking for work in Greece. And of course, in today’s job market everything is on-line. Fill this out, check these boxes, pick any of the following that apply, blah blah fucking blah.

Ah, the languages section. Please select all languages that apply, use the “ctrl” key to select more than one. OK, “English,” check. Um, Farsi, Farsi? No, no Farsi. OK, next, Hebrew, where’s Hebrew….German, Greek, Italian. What, no Hebrew? Really? Italian, Japanese, Jewish, Norwegian…wait a minute, did I just read that right? JEWISH?! As a language category on a job hunting site?

We’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto.

What the hell is Jewish as a language?

Do they mean Jewish, as in the Language of Guilt and Nagging as Perfected by the Matriarch for the past 5000 years? Maybe they mean Jewish, as in the annoying, “Oh. My. Gawd!” you hear all over the streets of New York. Or, maybe they mean the secret language Jews use when we’re busy killing Christian babies and using their blood for our Matzo during Passover. A Greek actually accused me that that's what really goes on, and I shouldn't try to deny it. The Cradle of Civilization indeed, my friends.

By the way, you're all invited to my house next year for not-so-secret Christian baby-blood Matzo. It's a family recipe perfected by my ancestors, I swear, you'll love it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SERIOUSLY, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?

unreuly said...

hahahaha! that's awesome. i'll bring the wine. (is that even kosher?)

Big Kahuna said...

GCS - Some people just do not get it!! - of course they are 'anonymous' so of course they cannot be taken with any sort of credibility.

As a Christian, I must admit I have never been keenly attune to the animosity toward you "true believers".

I will need to ask my friends of similar faith of they speak "Jewish"

Glad you are back - Perhaps I need to find a less-kosher recipe for Matzo :-)

Anonymous said...

Honey its not working out in Greece
move back to Ny and get yourself a circumcized lover

carrotpenis said...

I am sure it's the Guilt and Nagging aspect.