Monday, November 14, 2005

No Pain, No Gain

Short of having a sexually transmitted disease or some kind of crazy, rub-fest sex, BLISTERS should NOT appear "down there".....unless of course, you're me, and you're getting nether-region-laser hair removal.

I have only one word to describe the experience: Holy Mother of God OUCH!!!!! Yaowzers! It hurt in ways I couldn't belieeeeeve. AND, they even applied a numbing cream, which numbed areas that I prefer to have feeling, but DIDN'T numb the crucial areas I would have really appreciated.

And the best BEST part, is that my dermatologist is a fresh-faced, sweet, Jewish doctor who looks like he's 23 (clearly he's not....but seriously, he's so young). Who's RELIGIOUS. And wears a YARMULKA. If I wasn't sure I was already going to hell (going to hell is almost redundant at this point), I'd be worried that sitting spread eagle getting cosmetic work done "down there" by a young, religious Jewish doctor would guarantee me a spot. If my mother ever found out, I have a feeling I'd be arriving at my hot-climate destination just a wee bit earlier than originally scheduled.

But, I'm fine now. The blisters are gone. And, so is the hair. The laser works, oh yes it does. And I'm going back in a month and a half, to do it again. And again, and again. The results are worth it. I'll take 15 minutes of excruciating pain once every couple of months, if, at the end of the recommended four or five treatments, I'll never have to go back AND I'll never have to flash my waxing lady.

I'll be posting before-and-after pictures to document the progress. No. Not really.

10 comments:

Jack Burden said...

A young Jewish doctor? And you didn't hit on him? Of COURSE your mother would kill you if she found out!

What better time to ask a guy out than when he is working face to face with your nether regions? It's a guy's dream! You get to look at a nekkid girl AND she asks you out for drinks!

"Well, since we're playing doctor..."

utenzi said...

That's hilarious. Despite the pain, no doubt in the long run the hair removal will be worth it. In the short run tho...

Unknown said...

Hysterical! That's something that's not found its way across the pond yet... And I'm not sure I want it to.

Johnny said...

lol.. great post. What did you do while the young, good looking doctor was doing his thing? Close your eyes, stare at the ceiling, banter casual conversation?

nestpa said...

whatsa yarmulka?

Carol Davidson said...

I'm not sure about what numbing cream was used, but you can get a really effective one by prescription (cheap) or even over the counter (not so cheap).

A doc can write a prescription for a generic prilocaine/lidocaine cream. It takes about 45 minutes to work. Rub on. Wait. Rub off. Laser.

Over the counter there's a cream called Ela-Max which also takes about 45 minutes to an hour to work.

Bancha S. said...

That's great to know there's one more "smoothie" out there. Please do spread the word.

Anonymous said...

i have done 4 treatments. the pain subsides with every treatment you do, have faith. but i have only about 1/8 th of the hair i used to have. best thing i ever did. they gave me emla cream, but i couldnt sit spread eagle for 30 minutes with plastic wrap over my nether regions. so i took 800 mg of motrin 40 minutes before my apt. that helped a lot. and wow, im amazed the dr actually performed the procedure.. he must be young. at my derm office the physician asst does it.

i once was your typical hairy jewish girl... NO MORE I SAY... no more.

Anonymous said...

thanks

Anonymous said...

good info