Monday, October 16, 2006

Mulan

I have an office mate now. I haven't had an office mate since I was a first year associate.

She's great. We've been working together for three weeks. She's Korean, and therefore obviously much smarter than I am. I think our boss is catching on. Asians. Always ruining the curve.

We're madly in love. I know, you're all thinking that it's too early to fall in love. But it's not. I love her, and she loves me. Except she refuses to tell me how old she is. She claims to be in her mid 30's and thinks that's old. Well, of course it's old. But being old is nothing to be ashamed of. We're working on her self-esteem.

She even speaks Korean. Well, the only person she actually speaks Korean with is her mom, so she actually yells Korean.

I tease her all the time by asking for a manicure.* She's a Dartmouth and Georgetown graduate taking shit from me. That alone proves there's no god.

It's nice to have female friends. Well, at least so far it's nice. Once the boss catches on that she's a genius, making my stupidity even more apparent, it's going to suck to have to break into her computer and leave incriminating emails. Again. But hey, getting ahead isn't about making friends. It's about eliminating the competition.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

*For those of you not from New York, the Koreans have cornered the market on Nail Salons. Damn Korean mafia.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You pick collaw! I give you good manicoo and pedicoo. 7 minute massage, 5 dollaw. You want? It's goo for you!

Anonymous said...

You're all racists.

My Life Is God's Comic Strip said...

HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!

Mulan can't take it. Go eat some dog. Get back to me when you're done.

SUEB0B said...

And dry cleaning. You forgot dry cleaning.

I give up. Asians (including South Asians) are just going to kick our pathetic Euro-American asses all to hell. I am just resigning myself to residing in a cardboard box at some point.

Anonymous said...

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." I laughed and then realized this may just be my new office motto!

bslawg said...

My best friend in law school was Korean. Not only was she smarter than me, but she was also thinner, and prettier, and got all the guys. But I love her anyway.

Chris said...

Yeah, anon, but does she give you happy ending?

and Mulan, you should have come back with a Jewish banker or entertainment stereotype instead!

Great entry!

Chris
My Blog

Sean said...

the eagles may soar thingie matches perfectly with some folks i know... i'm stealing that.

Anonymous said...

The Koreans have cornered the market on Nail Salons - EVERYWHERE! Hell, I live in St. Louis, you cant find a salon not owned and operated by Koreans...

As for dry cleaning, that's the Chinese - come people, get your ethnic roles straight here!...