Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Why take an opportunity, when I can laugh in its face instead....

So last night, we had a little dinner party at my friend's house. Just five girls, with four bottles of wine.

Eventually, it degenerated into phone calls to boys, who came over, who wanted to go out. I had a meeting at 9 today, and decided that going out at 11:30 on a random Tuesday night, with random boys I didn't know, wouldn't be responsible.

The boys being gentlemen, kept asking and trying to convince a couple of us who said no. "No, come, it will be great, my car is right downstairs, we'll have so much fun...blah blah blah." No really, I'd love to, but I can't, I have a meeting first thing. Thanks so much though.

We get downstairs, ready to split up, two girls going out, two girls going home.

AND THE CAR DOWNSTAIRS WAITING FOR THE GOING OUT CREW IS A FUCKING ROLLS ROYCE PHANTOM. WITH A DRIVER/BODYGUARD AT THE WHEEL. AND THE CAR IS FULL OF YOUNG, HANDSOME MEN, WAIVING US IN.

People, did you get that? A PHANTOM, full of GORGEOUS YOUNG MEN, trying to convince me and my girlfriend, to go out with them. And what do I do? Well, first, I salivate, and then, I force myself to turn away from the car and the men, and walk towards my friend's car.

Because in a couple of weeks, I'll be with my European Lover. And I'd like to think that I'm above that sort of thing, you know, hanging out with rich fancy people, just for the sake of being able to say I was in a Phantom full of gorgeous guys. I'm not that shallow.

This morning's first instant message: Dude, you missed out, club was awesome, we drank Crystal all night....

I'm a total idiot. An utter moron. I have no idea what I was thinking when I said no last night, but I am very clearly not well in the head. I might be in love with my European Lover. Only love makes you act like such a fucking tool. This love shit is messing up my game.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear, dear woman. Get some perspective, will you? We can't have you falling prey to the L-word.

So long this thing you've got going with E.L. doesn't stop you buying a fabulous pair of shoes etc in favour of monogrammed bath robes, we'll forgive you. This once.

Anonymous said...

Queenbee said: Uh, next time, take the ride, love will never know the difference.

Anonymous said...

you have game?

Anonymous said...

I was feeling all alone in my super shallowness for thinking "WTF? Why did she give up the fun night in the Rolls with arm candy?" Then..you joined me. Next time go woman...I do live vicariously through you at times you know.

Party Girl said...

Ok, I don't 'dude' people because, one, I'm not a guy. Two, it's stupid. But (you knew that was coming. So obvious.)
Dude, when there is a car, any car, say a pinto, well, not a pinto, too flammable, but any car full of gorgeous men..young, single, available men who clearly have money, please, please be shallow. For the love of all that is holy, be shallow!


...love the blog. Found you at Citizen of the Month...

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

stand firm. devil get thee behind thee.

SUEB0B said...

Maturity kinda sucks, don't it?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, sounds like complete BULLSH*T to me... Well, par for the course for most -- if not all -- of your posts.

Anonymous said...

Um, actually, I was there, and NOTHING in the post was even exaggerated. Don't be a hater, Anonymous, just because your life sucks....
- Nins

Anonymous said...

Isn't that always the way? The ones to leave the nasty comments are the ones that don't have the cajones or ahem the ovaries...to sign their comment.

Queenmatrai said...

Uhm 5 girls, 4 bottles of wine...thats not way enough wine...

noojes

Anonymous said...

You wild bitch-I want to mount you right now!

LJ said...

Damn, I would have SO been shallow at that point. Love or no love. SHALLOW WINS! Then again, I don't have love at the moment, so I am clinging to shallow...

Anonymous said...

You're a legend in your own mind, and ONLY you're own mind!!

My Life Is God's Comic Strip said...

Um, Anonymous, it's actually, "and only YOUR own mind!" not "you-apostrophe-re" (that's a contraction for YOU ARE, and I think you meant your, as in, the possessive).

I'm just saying, if YOU'RE going to insult me, you should do it in a grammatically correct way.