Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Admitting You Have a Problem is the First Step

Try to tell me that I can't have something, and now....I. Have. To. Have. It. Try to tell me that you're not interested in me, and now....I think I love you.

It's always the way. "Hhhmmm, not so sure if I'm really that into him" turns into "Oh my god, what am I going to doooooo, I'll never find anyone like him agaiiiiiin. Waaaaaaaa" when you break up.

"Yeah, he's ok I guess" becomes "He's soooo amazing, I love everything about him and want to have babies with him" the minute you find out he's dating other people.

Your backup becomes Bachelor(ette) Number One the minute you find out you're actually their backup. Sucker.

Losing the power (power you only THOUGHT you had, when in reality, you had NOTHING BUT DELUSIONS OF YOUR OWN DESIRABILITY) will always turn a confident, relaxed person in the dating world into a sniveling pile of insecurity, chock full of aberrant behavior, pathetic phone calls, and that desperate nervous little giggle every time they're with the other person.

Happens to me all the time. I just found out that a girl on my trip to Greece thought one of the guys I was interested in was cute. His "cuteness" has just tripled for no reason other than the smell of competition and that his options have just expanded beyond me. Now, He Must Be Mine.

My friend, on a date with a woman last night that he was sort of interested in, is very depressed today. Because last night, she revealed that she's dating someone else as well, and is...torn between them. Now, he loves her.

"What?! I'm NOT your One and Only?.....But I think we're soul mates destined to be together by the gods; it's written in the stars. Yes, I just realized it this second. What's your point?"

4 comments:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...

Ok. I've thrown my red flag onto the field challenging the call. Now, while I could not agree more with my pal here (who, for the record, I would sleep with no matter who was starting or backing up. Hope she doesn't read this before we meet for a drink tonight and I get her drunk) In any event, I not depressed, let alone very. In fact, I was making a joke out of it the entire morning. My problem with the whole thing was she said "I can't do this" after she invited me up, was sitting on me, I was rock hard, and I was clawing my fingers down from her chin to the middle of her chest. NEW RULE: No "ending" a fling as the hard-on you created has not been relieved. Period. (Please add this to my statute, which you can all read under "The Act.")

My Life Is God's Comic Strip said...

You are such a baby. Look, like the title says, admitting you have a problem is the first step...If you can't do that, you'll never get better Baby. It's ok, we'll talk tonight ;) (and don't make me post your original email....xoxoxoxo)

carrotpenis said...

It's amazing how attractive even you yourself are when you're dating someone else. In college, it would happen the second I started dating someone on a regular basis. And bam every hot girl who wouldn't give me the time of day not two weeks earlier would be falling all over me. It just kills me.

NewYorkMoments said...

This is the story of my life...