Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Reasons Why the First Date Won't Lead to a Second:

  • He was shorter than he said he was on the phone.
  • He looked older than he said he did on the phone.
  • He played Jewish geography with me over sushi.
  • He has a cat.
  • He insisted that I stop by his place to "meet the cat."
  • I met the stupid cat.
  • He cradled the cat in his arms and baby talked to it.
  • I started to have doubts about his sexual orientation.
  • He pulled out a guitar and sang me a Billy Joel song. In his living room. A la a bad romance novel come to life.
  • I no longer had any doubts about his sexual orientation.
  • I looked around bewildered, wondering how it had come to this.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so feel your pain. I really do.

ab said...

o.m.g.!!!

it had to be a jdate man... right?

hee.

My Life Is God's Comic Strip said...

SO a JDate man.....

Unknown said...

Huh. Greece really isn't that bad, you know...

My Life Is God's Comic Strip said...

Greece is great. The man is more than I could have hoped for. I'm just concerned that it might be a little primitive, and I don't mean in a "running water" "internet connection" kind of way. Of course, we can still chalk all of this up to me being a total chicken. (He does ask me repeatedly to move there, and he's very sincere....) Buk buk buk....

ReverendKathryn said...

I too feel your pain and I'm stunned that this is real. But then I don't think you could make this up. I am so sorry that you had to endure that painful evening.

Anonymous said...

Geddoudatherenow!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Yeah, I can see why a) he's still single and b) there will be no second date. Better luck next time.